Arts and Culture Committee
The Arts & Culture Committee is a newly formed and growing Committee which aims to leverage the arts in order to enhance Lowertown’s rich cultural roots and improve the quality of neighbourhood life. Our mandate is to:
- Enhance, promote and revive Lowertown as a vibrant and lively destination for arts and culture for both residents and tourists alike;
- Beautify Lowertown’s public spaces and neighbourhoods through the coordination, acquisition and curation of public art (such as outdoor murals and installations) that is accessible, visible, thought-provoking and engaging;
- Work with partners to attract and coordinate new, diverse and unique events which enhance Lowertown’s image as a cultural hub;
- Foster a network of artists, creatives, performers and organizations that support them to establish Lowertown as a world class space for art and culture; and
- Be an advocate for the creative community in Lowertown on relevant policy, budgetary and other decisions.
- Establishing relationships with community-based arts and culture organizations, business associations, and other partners;
- Exploring opportunities to launch a visual arts project in a public space in our community;
- Working with partners to hold one or more events which support our goal of enhancing Lowertown’s image as a cultural hub; and
- Working with the LCA Executive and other Committees to provide input on relevant policy, budgetary and policy decisions.